- This initiative is run by Survé Philanthropies and will be hosted at the Artscape Theatre on Friday, 30 November 2018.
- By participating in this Event, a Participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as contained herein.
- The competition is open to individuals and/or organisations, who can demonstrate that they have made a positive social impact on society or their local community, whether physical, academic, or artistic in nature, through their work or any means of contribution as per the proposed categories.
- The competition holds 12 (twelve) categories. Participants may only be nominated in one category, and only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The closing date for entry will be Friday, 16 November 2018 at 17h00 (CAT). No late entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. The promoter will notify Participants of any changes to the competition as soon as possible.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate award details supplied to any participant /nominee by any third party connected to this event.
- All awardees will be announced at the Imagine Awards event on the 30th of November 2018.
- All awardees must be present at the event on the 30th of November 2018 to receive their awards.
- Awardees are solely responsible for any and all costs incurred to attend the event.
- The awardees will be chosen by a panel appointed by the promoter, and the decision of the panel is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The awardees will be notified through their preferred means of contact as per their application form within 10 (ten) days of the closing date.
- By entering this event, a Participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the event will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoters shall have the right, at their sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions; such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entry and/or subsequent nomination not delivered, received or delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the Participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
CRITERIA FOR ENTRY
To participate in the event, you must:
- be a South African citizen or permanent resident of the RSA;
- hold a valid identity document and have adequate proof of residence, as required by RICA laws;
- be resident in the Western Cape;
- show a vision which demonstrates that your work has made an impact on society.
- Evidence of the said impact may be shown through documentary evidence, including annual reports, media articles, websites, newsletters, and previous awards received.
- No politicians or political parties, their agents/representatives may enter.
- Nominations are limited to one nomination per event. No person or organization may be nominated for more than one category for the event.
- Nominations may be made by the Participant’s submission themselves, or by a third party on the Participant’s behalf, which may include individuals, organisations, NGO’s, or academic institutions.
- The Promoters reserve the right to withhold the award in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the awardee(s) is not eligible, has contravened any of these terms and conditions, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Imagine Awards, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Event, or has acted fraudulently with regards to the Event. The Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
PUBLICITY AND DATA PRIVACY
- By entering, all Participants acknowledge that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoters and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Event.
- All personal information relating to the Participant will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
- The Promoters reserve the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the Event or terminate the Event whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Event, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoters, at any time during the Event, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Event and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters whatsoever.
- All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoters.
- The Promoters are not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the campaign and Event and they assume no liability in this regard.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant and/or Nominee indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoters, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Event, any Event-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any award.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoters will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant/Nominee in relation to this Event, or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participant/Nominees.
- The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- South African law shall govern these Event terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- A copy of these terms and conditions may be obtained from www.sekunjalo.com/imagine. You can also contact us for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
By entering the Imagine Awards, you acknowledge that you understand and accept the terms and conditions as contained herein.